Dec 31st, 2018
Welcome dear listener,
Happy New Year.
Listening with an open heart and an open mind.
We can change society and it begins with ourselves.
Everyone is focused on themselves, their image, how they are perceived. This stops the ability to be receptive and open to what is unfolding around them.
How any times have you had to repeat yourself to someone who just couldn’t listen and give you there presence?
What is listening?
The effort made to hear something, the openness to receive communication intentionally.
It is the receiving of language, of sounds, and involves processing that sound into information.
It is not limited to only hearing. It involves hearing and also involves facial and body language. Communication happens on many levels out of our conscious awareness, but we can learn how to become conscious of it.
Listening is a practice of letting go of any agenda and being there for someone else.
When you practice listening you have a great opportunity to develop deeper sense of compassion, empathy because you are truly receiving everything the person is expressing.
Through meditation we listen to ourselves, to our own inner dialogue and can begin to reroute and reshape that dialogue. When we listen to others we can be that point for someone else to go through their thoughts and express themselves in a way that they need.
Im not saying to be a doormat and be the person that people come to dump their brain on, we all know these types of people and this is why I wanted to share this. There are some types of people who can use basics I this skill because we aren’t taught how to listen with our entire body and mind in school.
So how do you do it?
This is a receptive practice so first the skill of becoming receptive needs to be developed, it can be developed through listening and accelerated with meditative practices.
- First is to practice listening from your heart. Becoming skill at dropping your attention in your heart is a skill that our society needs. Doing this first thing in the morning, before bed, and throughout the day will help you build
- Try listening to your partner or friend without thinking of a response.
- Ask them how their day was and listen. Without an agenda.
For questions please connect with me through social media or email directly at alec @ higherself.yoga
Facebook: Alec Hurley / Higher Self Wellness
- Check out the website and begin the 7 day start your day right challenge. Video series to help you integrate your body and your mind, set the tone for your day. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/start-your-morning-right-challenge/
- Download my free ebooks o the free content page.
- Newsletter where I share new recipes and helpful information that you can apply to your every day life! https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/newsletter-opt-in/
- Connect with me for a complementary Wellness Strategy Session. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/wellness-workshop-form/
- Soundtrack by DTO “Sacred Connection” DTOmusic.com
Thank you for listening!